1. Tour your home with you and look at the property objectively as others will:
* Buyer agents
* Home Inspectors
* Insurance agents
* Township Inspectors
* Bank Appraisers
2. Review the strengths and weaknesses of your home, make recommendations for repairs and improvements (if necessary) to increase your homes saleability. It is my goal to maximize your homes value based on your needs and wants.
3. You and I will determine a realistic asking price by
evaluating the condition of your home, and reviewing homes which are:
* Active for Sale
* Pending Settlement
* Sold and Settled within a 3 to 6 month time period
* Pricing your home competitively to attract the most buyer traffic is the utmost critical factor in you receiving the most money and best terms for your home.
* All agents, real estate appraisers and buyers get their information from the same source.
* The seller sets the asking price for the home, but the marketplace determines its value.
* The marketplace is "neutral": the marketplace does not care what a seller needs, wants or desires to get for their home.
* Like the stock market, housing prices go up and down, in cycles - sellers, buyers and realtors do not have control over the real estate market.
4. Review local market trends, conditions and standard procedures for selling your home.
5. Review various financing alternatives and determine those which are best suited for your home. Variable factors include your neighborhood, price range, the condition of your home and the buyer's profile.
Examples of financing include:
* FHA 3.5% down payment with a possible seller assist toward closing costs
* VA allows for 100% financing
* Community Home Buyers Programs and other special 1st time buyer programs
* Some buyers need or want a seller assist toward closing costs. The bottom line is the net to you.
6. Accurately prepare the standard listing documents:
* Consumer notice
* Listing agreement
* Property description sheet
* Seller's property disclosure statement (seller to complete)
* Domestic relations notice
7. Install the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Fox and Roach yard sign - National Recognition. The brand has existed since 1886 and has come to be not only one of the most recognized but also the most respected names in business. We are the #1 real estate company in the region as well as the #1 most respected company worldwide according to Barron's Magazine.
8. Prepare a professional detailed Highlight sheet with color pictures for your home including all pertinent data for buyers, agents and appraisers.
* I hire a professional photographer to photograph your home.
* I always place maximum number of photos allowed on all web sites in order to boost your exposure.
* I will assist you in staging your home to increase your value - think of showing your home as if you were throwing a large party and you want your home to sparkle and present its' very best look! In today's market the best thing you can do is declutter and pack things away.
* I work with a professional stager who will give you a one hour complementary visit.
* Staging is a business decision that can have a positive impact on your financial return and timeline.
* An investment in staging is always less than your first price reduction.
10. Submit your home to the trend regional multiple listing service by properly preparing the Trend MLS computer data entry sheet for maximum exposure to other agents. This is important because:
* Serious buyers are already working by buyer agency contract with a real estate agent.
* Many sales are co-operative transactions with other offices.
11. Expose your home to qualified transferees moving into our area and referred to the BHHS F&R Realtors through our relocation network. Our network consists of 65 offices in the tri state area and 4000 sales associates in the market.
12. BHHS F&R Realtors has a prodigious digital home marketing system.
We will aggressively advertise your home:
* Through individual property web sites - yes your house gets its' very own website! We add the URL to your property signage so buyers can text on their cell phones to get your homes information.
* Virtual tour - you get a beautifully produced, 60 second video with up to 12 panoramic photos set to music. There is also a photo gallery, area map, school information, a mortgage calculator, walk score and a link to request a showing plus even more.
* We push your property out into cyberspace to maximize your exposure so that buyers always have the latest information.
* Your home is placed on the company website which is a high traffic site with the regions' largest inventory of homes, market updates and our proprietary Home Pilot search portal with thousands of members plus free smart phone apps.
* We syndicate your property listing to all major local, national and international web sites and search engines, which in turn feed hundreds of other sites. Your property automatically appears everywhere buyers are looking.
* We have contracted with all of the top sites where buyers search for homes to position and promote your home at the top of the search results. This is powerful.
* You Tube Video - We will post a 60 second video of your property on You Tube.
* The home text mobile texting solution gets interested buyers all the information they need on your house so we do not miss the right buyer for your home.
13. I will advertise your home on the internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in a massive cyber campaign: Our advertising is designed to generate interest in our listings, through calls and e-mails from buyers, sellers and other real estate agents. Over 90% of consumers begin their search for homes on the internet.
* Trend MLS (proprietary website) portal for all agents - reaching 33,000 realtors. I display 25 color photos as well as download the seller disclosure.
* Realtor.com (www.realtor.com) the number one real estate website for home buyers - I display 25 color photos of your home. I purchase a special promotion package for my sellers so their properties are "featured properties" that are positioned at the top of searches which are made by buyers. Your home gets the advantage of having scrolling banners, extra descriptions and extra photos plus more in order to help your home be positioned to sell before the competition.
*Berkshire Hathaway HomeService Fox & Roach Realtors (www.foxroach.com) No other real estate company gives your home the internet exposure that we provide. My company recently revamped their entire marketing campaign to maximize market exposure for our sellers' best advantage.
* Zillow (www.zillow.com) Established website that promotes houses to buyers - not always accurate
* Trulia ( www.trulia.com) Another real estate website that promotes house to buyers - again not always accurate
* Postlets.com (www.postlets.com) Trendy website that submits your property to multiple online home viewing web sites - a great tool to promote your home on the internet.
14. Contact my sphere of influence - several hundred local people to tell them about your home using postcards, flyers, internet, Linked In and the phone.
15. Network with other agents to promote your home: face to face, office meetings, company hot sheets, e-mail, fax, phone plus:
* Monday caravans serving brunch
* Tuesday Open houses serving lunch
* Sunday Open houses for agents and the public (per your directive)
16. It is critical to your selling success that your home be easily accessible to agents and their buyers. Showing instructions and a control log will be established and implemented through the showing time appointment center ( 1-800-746-9464) www.showingtime.com
* All appointments will be made through our appointment center who e-mails me and texts me with the agent details of each showing
* The appointment center will call you, e-mail you, or text you with the details of every appointment. whatever you prefer in the way of contact.
* The appointment center sends a feedback report for your property to each showing agent. I can in turn send you the feedback report if you wish. I can e-mail all showing agents important updates about your home such as open houses.
17. First impressions are critical. It is important to have your home as neat and clean as possible at all times. The old adage is true: You never get a second chance to make a good first impressions. Showing your home is an invasion of your privacy and schedule. We will do our very best to make the process the very best possible for your needs.
18. Deliver Just Listed postcards to either your neighborhood. Your neighbors may know of a friend, relative or co-worker who may be interested in purchasing your home.
19. Follow up with buyer's agents, by e-mail and phone, who have visited your home. I will tell you what agents and buyers say in regard to location, amenities, condition, price, etc. I will speak with you or e-mail you on a regular basis in regard to all aspects of the sale of your home. I am a communicator.
20. If the house is vacant, with your permission, I can arrange to have the grounds cared for, as necessary. I will also check the house frequently for utilities operation and security.
21. Prior to presenting an agreement of sale to you, I will review all parts of the agreement including:
* Mortgage contingency
* Mortgage pre-approval - I call every mortgage company to confirm pre-approval
* Home Inspection
* Termite Inspection
* Radon Testing
* Mold Testing
* Township Inspection
* Lead Paint testing
* Well inspection
* Septic inspection
* Buyer financial statement
* House sale contingency
* Any other contingencies or unusual conditions
22. Counsel you on an offers' strong and weak points. Assist you in making the right decision for you. Help you evaluate the buyer's motivation for buying your home and negotiate hard for you.
23. Prepare an accurate seller's closing cost estimate so you will know your net proceeds from the sale.
24. Monitor all contingencies in the agreement and keep you updated on the status of each. I will prepare a written timeline of all contingencies and e-mail or deliver to you.
25. Notify you of the results of all inspections and receipt of additional deposits.
26. Confirm the buyer's mortgage application, the name of the mortgage company, provide you with periodic progress reports, assist in fulfilling mortgage company requirements and let you know when the mortgage is approved.
27. Meet the appraiser from the buyer's mortgage company at your home. Provide the appraiser with past sales of comparable homes and information about your home.
28. Assist you in getting contractor estimates, if necessary, to fulfill various contingencies in the agreement of sale including: Home Inspection, Environmental Inspection, Lead Paint Testing, Asbestos Testing, Insurance inspection, well inspection, termite certification, radon testing, township certification, concrete work, septic inspection, stucco inspection, structural inspection. Please note that some work performed on your property may need to be performed by licensed contractors with a township permit where required.
29. Order and obtain county, township and school tax certifications in time for settlement.
30. Ensure that the property title report is ordered. Review the title report, and assist you in fulfilling any special requirements of the title company prior to settlement.
31. Give notice of repayment to your mortgage company, if necessary, and obtain a proper payoff statement to satisfy your mortgage at settlement.
32. Negotiate on your behalf with lenders and creditors to forestall a foreclosure sale or sheriff sale.
33. Prior to settlement:
* The house must be broom clean, free of debris at date and time of settlement. All utilities must be on at the time of settlement.
* Many sellers hire a professional cleaning service to give the house a thorough cleaning.
* To ensure a smooth pre-settlement inspection by the buyers, it is highly recommended the house be completely vacated and cleaned a minimum of at least one hour prior to settlement.
* Schedule your movers ASAP. The end of the month fills up quickly. I have a list of movers that make local and national moves as well as pack for you. Get 2 or 3 estimates and make certain the mover comes and takes a look at your belongings.
* Once we have a settlement date, I will provide you with a moving guideline to assist you in accomplishing a trouble free move.
* If you are unable to attend settlement, I can get all of your paperwork to you prior to settlement for you to sign in front of a notary and allow me to attend settlement on your behalf.
* I will provide you with your HUD1 settlement sheet a few days prior to settlement for review! The only surprises I like are birthdays!
34. Represent you at settlement. Review and explain all paperwork.
35. The best is last - Hand you your check at settlement!
36. Keep in mind you can always call me after settlement, with any questions you have and I will provide any assistance you may need. I look forward to hearing from you.
37. A sincere thank you for the opportunity to help you sell your home. Please remember you and I work as a unified team to achieve your goals. It is my objective to work to represent your very best interests and help you achieve your goals. I am committed to excellence in representing you and strive to exceed your expectations.
Thank you for your business - I value you as my client.